What Parents Need to Do and Know at a Tournament
- Be sure your wrestler(s) arrive and weigh-in on time. Check tournament information for weigh-in and start times, each vary with every tournament.
- Arrive 30 minutes prior to start of tournament to warm up before matches.
- For youth wrestlers, it is always good to bring a copy of their birth certificate in case of an age challenge.
- Wrestling headgear is required.
- Singlets are required at most tournaments. Club team singlets are available from each wrestler. Wrestlers are to wear Black Knight singlets so they are easily spotted at the tournaments by coaches and parents.
- Know and listen for your wrestlers bout number to be called and to which mat number.
- Bout numbers are found on the brackets. To find your wrestlers bracket, know their weight class(es) and which division.
- IMPORTANT: No parents or siblings are allowed mat side, you must remain in the stands.
- For individual wrestler tournaments, (tournaments outside of league functions) fees are due for each wrestler. Fees do vary and can be found on each tournament application.
- Make sure your child eats a healthy breakfast.
- Provide snacks or money as some tournaments will last an entire day.